Crystal Lagoons is a U.S. company that has developed a pioneering, innovative, and sustainable technology that has been patented worldwide. This technology allows crystalline lagoons of unlimited sizes to be built and maintained at very low costs globally by having low water consumption and using a minimum amount of additives and energy.
The advantages of Crystal Lagoons® technology are:
- It uses up to 100 times less chemicals than conventional swimming pool or drinking water treatment technologies.
- It consumes only 2% of the energy needed by conventional swimming pool filtration systems.
- Crystal Lagoons® amenities use 30 times less water than a golf course and 50% less water than a park of the same size.
- The lagoons powered by Crystal Lagoons® technology are filled only once, and they operate in a closed circuit.
- The man-made lagoons can use any type of water, including seawater and brackish water (with an unlimited abundance).
- The technology allows capturing rainwater that falls into the lagoons, reducing the amount of water necessary to compensate for the evaporation.
- Crystal Lagoons® developed a molecular film technology that, when necessary, reduces the water use by an additional 50%.
- It fully complies with the most stringent international physicochemical and microbiological water quality standards.
- By creating waterfront destinations, the lagoons generate premium value to land that was previously unused or had limited use.
- The lagoons are used for bathing and water sports and have a much more intensive use than green areas, constituting a more efficient use per liter of water.
- 50% of the world's beaches could disappear by the end of
The Public Access Lagoons™ model reduces the human impact on biodiversity by lowering visitors to beaches and coastal areas.
- Every year millions of people travel to recreational sites
around the world.
Public Access Lagoons® developments are just a few steps away from people's homes, decreasing the air and car travel, therefore the carbon footprint.
State-of-the-Art Sustainable & Eco-Friendly Technology
There are currently more than 50 million man-made water bodies worldwide,
such as artificial lakes, lagoons on golf courses, reservoirs, among many
others. None of them have the transparency of swimming pools or tropical
seas. On the contrary, their water looks murky with
a dark green color because of the bottom's algae proliferation
and sediment accumulation.
For years, different water treatment technologies have been applied in large water-bodies to achieve good quality, such as ozone, aeration, and movement of water, enzymes, biological equilibrium, and fish, among others. However, none of these methods have created large crystalline water bodies with high transparency and microbiological quality.
For this reason, Fernando Fischmann, founder of Crystal Lagoons and biochemist by profession, created a sustainable technology method and system that allowed him to build and maintain large crystalline lagoons with excellent water quality at very low costs.
© 2021 Crystal Lagoons. All rights reserved. This material is property of Crystal Lagoons and cannot be copied or reproduced without prior authorization.