Crystal Lagoons has numerous lagoon projects operating worldwide, but those spotted across the U.S., such as Solé Mia, Balmoral, Windsong Ranch, Epperson, Lago Mar, and Southshore Bay, have validated the United States as the company’s leading market.
In addition, the company is expanding its successful Public Access Lagoons™ model with ticketed-entry across Florida and Texas, with important master agreements, such as the one signed with Epic for 16 developments, in different geographical areas.
“We are holding advanced negotiations with investment funds and leading malls in Florida, California, South and North Carolina, Texas, Arizona and Oklahoma for additional master agreements, which now represent 90% of the firm’s contracts,” says Ivan Manzur, Senior VP of Sales.
Atlanta Hot Market
Investors are big on the Atlanta real estate market as the city has become one of the most important metropolitan areas in the U.S. and, according to Roofstock, is considered a quasi-getaway city for investors looking for dependable, liquid real estate environments. Here are some key reasons why Atlanta is a prime location for real estate:
- Population Growth: Atlanta is home to over 500,000 in the city and more than 6 million residents in the metropolitan area, being the most populous city in Georgia and the 9th-largest metropolitan area in the country. The population of Atlanta grew by 1.16% last year alone.
- Job Market: Employment growth in Atlanta is 2.31% year-over-year with the metro area home to about 3 million employees.
- Real Estate Market: Home values increased by 10.6% over the last year and are projected to grow by another 9.8% during the next 12 months. Over the last five years home values in Atlanta increased by a total of 49%.
- Historic Price Changes & Housing Affordability: Home prices are rising in most of Atalanta neighborhoods and rents have increased by 17.9% year-over-year..
- Quality of life: Forbes ranks Atlanta as one of the best places for business and careers in the U.S., and according to the most recent research by U.S. News & World report, Atlanta is one of the best places to live and a great place to retire.
To face the current population growth, density, and demand, the city has expanded its neighborhoods to suburban areas, where school district quality, home values, employment rate, and income levels have played a strong role in the decision-making of several real estate developers, especially master-planned community investors.
Crystal Lagoons is already at the forefront of this boom, with at least four Public Access Lagoons™ projects in the works set to deliver experience-centric amenities to Atlanta’s growing population seeking unique entertainment offerings.
New developments in Orlando
Crystal Lagoons signed a new contract with Hollywood-based asset manager ADËLON Capital, to develop at least five Public Access Lagoons™ projects in the Orlando area starting in 2023.
The development team aims to open locations in Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Lake and Sumter counties. Unlike previous plans in Orlando, these crystalline lagoons would be accessible to the public through the purchase of a ticket.
The PAL™ amenities will be built in conjunction with other new development like hotels and apartments. “We will bring Orlando the only thing it is lacking: a beach lifestyle,” Jonathan Cohen, ADËLON Capital founder and co-chairman, said in a prepared statement.
“Opening Public Access Lagoons™ next to hotels in Orlando would be a boom for these properties”, said Brad Parker, a land expert with Longwood-based Southern Realty Enterprises Inc. “There’s no question it would increase revenue for a resort,” Parker said. “It’s another avenue of marketing to get people to come there.”