Crystal Lagoons® is a U.S. company that has developed a pioneering, innovative, and sustainable technology that has been patented worldwide. This technology allows crystalline lagoons of unlimited sizes to be built and maintained at very low costs anywhere in the world, using a minimum amount of additives and energy.
Here are 6 impressive figures that make Crystal Lagoons state-of-the-art innovation unique worldwide, and transform these idyllic lagoons in the world’s top amenity.
- Crystal Lagoons technology includes an efficient filtration system that uses only 2% of the energy compared to conventional centralized swimming pool filtration systems.
- The firm’s new evaporation control technology, created by biochemist Fernando Fischmann, can be applied in the lagoons, producing even lower evaporation and water consumption. As an additional advantage, the lagoons can capture direct rainwater, reducing the amount of water needed to compensate for the loss by evaporation, and in some locations of intense rainfall, it is estimated that the lagoons can be refilled only with rainwater, practically without requiring additional water.
- It enables low water consumption, using up to 30 times less water than a golf course and 50% less water than is required by a park of the same size.
- The extraordinary advantages offered by this technology, its low construction and maintenance costs and its sustainable properties, have allowed the multinational to have today a portfolio of over 600 projects in different stages of operation, planning, design and construction in more than 60 countries
- All lagoons using Crystal Lagoons technology around the world are monitored, controlled, and operated online from the Crystal Lagoons Control Center (CLCC) 24/7.